Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Blank Page

I thought off and on this evening about what to write here tonight. I couldn't decide. A few times I looked through my journals....hoping a story or something would jump out at me so that I could post it here. As I was looking, I came upon a blank page. Odd that it should be there among all my other journal entries. And it made me think about my day ahead...a blank page....yet to be written on.

We will all write upon the "page" of our day....we will write it as we interact with family and friends...with how we behave at work....with the way we choose or choose not to give of ourselves to others. We will write it with how we live out our entire day....from the time we get up in the morning until the time we go to bed at night.

Our words and actions matter so much. With our words, we can wound deeply or we can uplift and encourage. We can tear down or we can build up. We have the ability to make someone's day brighter with how we choose to interact with the people that God places in our path. There are so many people who could use a kind word.....so many who ache for someone to show some care and concern for them. There are so many different ways we can fill the "page" that is before us.


Yes, tomorrow is a blank page.


....What will be written on yours?