Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Game

My student stood at the front of the room during Show and Tell last year and talked about a game she had received for Christmas.

"...And it says, 'What does God want for Christmas?'. Then you look in this box that has a mirror in it and you see yourself because God wants you for Christmas."

When she had finished talking about the game, a student raised his hand and, with a hint of laughter in his voice, asked, "God wants me for Christmas?"

I readied myself, thinking I would need to step in and do a little explaining, but I needn't have worried; my student knew exactly what to say.

She hesitated for only a moment and then, with a wave of her arm to include everyone, she enthusiastically said, "God wants ALL of us for Christmas!"

I smiled at her perfect answer.


God does want all of my students for Christmas.

He wants you for Christmas, too. And for every other day as well.

You have only to come to Him. He won't turn you away. He loves you.


This Christmas season, give yourself to Him.



(And the next time you look in a mirror, remember how very much you are loved and wanted by God!)


"For God so loved that world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16


************************************************************************************