Friday, February 1, 2008

Hollywood

I went to a taping of a sitcom several years ago. The show was funny--the stars just people like you and me. Later, I felt impressed to write to one of them. Tell her about Jesus. How He can fill the gaps of loneliness, be your best friend....give you strength, love you like no one else can.

Oh, but I questioned. Me? Write to someone in Hollywood? I don't know her. How do I know the letter will reach her? Would it even make a difference?


I didn't write the letter.


A few years later, I learned that at the time I felt impressed to write, this person was going through one of her darkest times. Depressed. Didn't really care about living.

"Oh Lord, I failed. Maybe you were going to use me to reach her for You... and now the opportunity is gone. I should have realized that You could have made sure she got the letter if that was Your will. And as for it making a difference, it is not my words, but Your Spirit that does the work. I am only a vessel. Forgive me, Lord. Help me be ready the next time You give me the privilege of being used for You."


Is there anybody God has put on your heart that you need to talk to or write to?


Anybody you need to tell about Jesus?