Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Blind Side

When I tuned into The View this morning, I expected to be entertained...to laugh, to listen to the banter about the topics of the day, and to hear a couple of interviews.

I got so much more.

Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, and Quinton Aaron were on today. They were being interviewed about their new film, The Blind Side. The movie is based on the Tuohy family who takes in a young man who is in need. They care for him, love him, and make him a part of their family.

Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy saw a need they could meet and they met it. They didn't expect to have a movie made about what they did. They weren't looking for accolades. They simply showed God's love to another human being in need because it was the right thing to do.

I listened to an interview Leigh Anne did. She said of her family, "We've been blessed and we really live by 'To whom much is given, much is required'."

Oh, that we would all live our lives open and large, loving and compassionate....giving out of the abundance we've been given.

As I listened to an interview online with Sandra Bullock, the interviewer said of the Tuohys and their generosity, "How many of these types of people are really living in the world?" Well, my answer is, "All the Christians should be living that way."


I should be living that way.


I was so much more than entertained when I tuned into The View. God used it as a reminder to me to be about His business....to love, to give, to look for ways to make a difference in the lives of those whose paths cross mine today...and every day.

The Blind Side opens wide on November 20. I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm inspired already.


"From everyone who has been given much, much will be required...." Luke 12:48

"This I command you, that you love one another." John 15:17



************************************************************************