Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Know Not

The note lay in his hand extended to me.

"My sister wants me to ask you if you can give this to ________ so they can ask their kids to go to the car wash."

It wasn't just any car wash.

The money was going to be used to bury several young people.

An under-age joy ride taken.

The ultimate price paid.

A mother alone.

So many hearts broken.

Emotion welled up inside me and I blinked back the tears that stung my eyes. My student's own eyes swam with tears as he looked up at me. For a moment, we both thought of the ones who, at such a young age, had left this life.


A holy moment.

Felt Your presence, God.



Please comfort those who grieve.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those words were written some time ago. Not sure why I thought of them tonight.

Perhaps the mother is feeling especially lonely right now. Perhaps others have recently experienced a similar pain...

All in need of prayer.


I know not why the words came to mind so frequently at this particular time.

But I know God can take my prayers and send comfort where it's needed.


And so I pray...

For those who cry in the night...

Weeping for loved ones they hold no more.




"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book." Ps. 56:8


************************************************************************************