Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sometimes I . . .

Sometimes I wanna feel small
Standing in front of a vast, roaring ocean
that You created
Wind blowing my hair as if You'd brushed it
from my face with Your hand

Sometimes I wanna feel alone
With only You beside me
Pouring out my deepest thoughts
to You
With no one else around to hear
And my heart ready to listen to what You
have to say back to me

Sometimes I wanna kneel before You
With head bowed and hands raised
in thanksgiving for the many blessings You've
graciously poured in my life
So many wonderful things that I in no way deserve
But gratefully and joyfully receive

Sometimes I wanna be more than
who I am today
To live my life for You in
some spectacular way
But all I can do is say, "Thank You,"
And mean it with all of my heart
 


"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High."
Ps. 92:1
 
***********************************************************************