Saturday, March 8, 2008

American Idol

Anybody watching American Idol? I am! I love seeing new talent and this year it's been hard for me to choose favorites because I like so many of them. But I have narrowed it down and I do have a few favorites...who will remain nameless at this time!!

I see, though, that the media has started printing unflattering things about some of the contestants...digging up things that happened in the past and making headlines of them. I'm not saying that I approve of some of the things I've read, but who among us hasn't done something in the past that we've come to regret? We all have things that we've done at one time or another that we'd rather not have splashed all over the media. It must be difficult for them to know that their personal lives are being placed on display for all the world to see. My heart goes out to them.

How about you? Can you think of something you've done in the past that you regret? Something that maybe even brings guilt to your heart when you think about it? For those who are Christians...for those who have asked Jesus to come into their lives and be their Lord and Savior, God washes the guilt of our past mistakes away when we come to Him and ask Him to forgive us. There is nothing that is too big, too bad, too hard, or too awful for Him to forgive if we are really seeking His forgiveness and trying to live our lives for Him.

So if something is bothering you today...if something is eating away at you inside...come to God. (If you don't already know Him, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.) Tell Him you're sorry. Ask Him to forgive you and to help you live the way He wants you to live. Accept the forgiveness He offers and forgive yourself.

Then move on.

"Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord'--and You forgave the guilt of my sin..." Ps. 32:5