Monday, July 16, 2007

All Things Are Possible

While driving home last night after visiting a friend, I was listening to music and singing....and thinking about something that I've dreamed of and prayed about for several years....wondering about the steps ahead. It's funny how you can sing words to songs and not really think about them or apply them to your life. I have known one of the songs I was listening to for a few years...and have applied it to other situations in my life....but I've sung it a lot in the past couple of months and never once thought about it in relation to what I was thinking about tonight. One of the lines in the song is "....in the power of Your name, all things are possible." And tonight as I was driving, the realization finally came to me that this song also spoke of what I was thinking of. All things are possible....even this....if it's God's will. The thought of that made me smile....a holy revelation that I was slow to "get"....but better late than never! There came a comfort and a freedom in resting in God about this....if He wants it to happen, He is more than capable of bringing it to pass.....and if He doesn't allow it in my life, then I trust Him that there's a reason for that, too, though I may never know what that reason is. God can use all that happens (as well as the things that don't happen) to shape me and mold me into the person He wants me to be and to accomplish His purpose for my life. I will do the things I can do in the development of what I'm praying about.....and then leave the outcome in God's hands.

After all, He knows what I need and what's best for my life.

I trust Him....with open hands before Him....

with it all.