Saturday, July 21, 2007

Car Wash

My car was dirty!! (I'm not the best at keeping it clean!) Often it needs a good washing. And the inside is sometimes (actually often!) a mess! But today was the day it was going to be washed. Finally, a bath for my car....I wanted it to look SPIFFY!! I had to drive for quite a while before I found a carwash. When I finally found one, I heaved a sigh of relief and pulled into the automatic wash. When I drove out, I was so pleased with how my car looked...until I turned toward the sun. With the light of the sun shining in, I could see that my windows were not completely free of dirt....and I said out loud, "I still need to clean the windows from the inside." It made me think about how many times we try to make the outside look good to "blend in". Our hair is done, we have new clothes and some fashionable shoes, our make-up is just right. And we do look good....on the outside. But how many of us still need our "windows" cleaned from the inside? When we turn toward the Son and His light shines into our lives, it becomes quite clear what needs cleaning inside our hearts and minds. We're able to make ourselves look good on the outside, but only God is capable of making each of us SPIFFY on the inside!!

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1: 9