Monday, July 2, 2007

Friendship

I have a dear friend that I met at work. Our rooms were right beside one another....she was in Room X and I was in Room Y. We could often be found in one another's rooms talking and laughing. We joked about tearing out part of the wall and putting a door between our rooms. Over the years, we had some room changes....ended up being completely across campus from each other. Then we changed schools...and though we were both at the same school, our rooms were not next door to one another.

A couple of years ago, my friend changed schools again....I didn't. We were on the same road...miles apart. I said the road was just a long hallway between us. (Smile.) Then, because of certain circumstances I, too, decided to change schools. I prayed and God seemed to be leading me to the same school she was at....I prayed some more and He answered my prayers in ways that confirmed to me that this was a change I should make and that was the place I should go. So....I changed schools.

And I have to say, God does care about friendships and dreams...light-hearted joking that expresses honest feelings. It is many years later (trust me on the MANY years...I'm old enough that I don't want to say!) from the time we first met and taught side by side in Rooms X and Y. We've taught in several different rooms at several different schools. And now?

Now, we're at the same school....teaching right next door to one another.

She is in Room X and I'm in Room Y.

....And there's a door in between!

Isn't God good?!!