Sunday, July 1, 2007

Anticipation

I'm excited! I get to spend the 4th of July with my friends in a small town! I know that probably sounds strange, but I grew up in a small town....we had the whole 4th of July celebration thing going on with little booths and book sales...good food....fireworks at the end of the day. We kind of have that where I live now, but it's not the same as the feeling you get when you're in a small town. So I'm happy. It will be a little bit like being home for the 4th. And my friends....they make me feel so loved! (as do all my friends) I talked to ____ on the phone yesterday morning....we talked about my flying up to see them. I have to be back at a certain time and the inexpensive flights aren't always the most convenient so it makes things a little tricky trying to figure out flight times and times that are convenient for them to pick me up and drop me off at the airport.....and then there is the question of which airport would be the best to fly into. Last night, I was gone...I came home to two messages from her on my answering machine...."Let us know when you're coming!" "We'll pick you up; it doesn't matter what time." "Just tell us when and where." I could hear her husband in the background say, "Any airport." (Smile.) God has given me such great friends! So I booked my flights and I'm excited to see my friends and celebrate the 4th....in a small town like home!