Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Still Waters

A few months ago, I was so busy that I almost felt like I was drowning....(not drowning at that moment, but almost, and it wasn't even the busiest time of the year for me.)....so much to do....stuff going on, etc....then later that week at church, the pastor spoke about Peter when he was walking on the water...he talked about situations when you feel like you're drowning. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I hadn't been to the beach for awhile so after church I went there to do some paperwork and to write. As I stood looking at the ocean, I thought it was kind of funny that I finally made it to the beach with all that water in front of me when just a few days before I had felt kind of like I was drowning. Then the ocean became quiet....no waves....calm water....and it made me think of the part in Psalm 23 where it says, "He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul." That's exactly what God did for me that day....he restored my soul. But then doubt began to creep in and I wondered, "What if I go to work tomorrow and I start feeling like I'm drowning again?".....I remembered (well, I think God had me remember) the part in Matthew that says, "Don't worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I knew that things would get hectic again and there would be times in the future when I felt like I was drowning, but that day God helped me be ready for the week ahead and reminded me to just take one day at a time. It's something I need to be reminded of constantly....you, too?

If you're busy and things are hectic...you have so much to do you think you'll never get finished....remember that God loves you. He cares about everything that happens to you and about how you feel.. Spend some time with Him and let Him restore your soul.

He will be with you always and He will help you through everything you're going through....one day at a time.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt. 6:34